Have tried IVF and it failed? Don’t feel depressed, know what all you need to know before you schedule your next IVF cycle.
IVF at many times fails, but it will be quite untrue to say that the technology is futile. There are few things which you should know before opting for the next IVF process.
Yes, your ‘Age’ matters!
IVF failures are both painful and disheartening. The cases of IVF failures are even higher in a woman with advanced maternal age. Advanced maternal age brings problems of decline in fertility. There is a drastic decrease in egg production as the age of woman increases which may lead to infertility. In fact, the study reveals that not only do the quantity of eggs decline with increasing age their quality also declines. At the age of 40, only 10% of eggs are healthy and remaining 90% may contain chromosomal abnormalities. With the technological boon, if a couple is planning to delay the pregnancy, they can opt for egg/sperm/embryo freezing techniques to ensure a healthy baby at the late age.
Dealing with chromosomal abnormalities!
One critical factor that can lead to an IVF failure is the quality of the embryo. In late pregnancies, due to the quality of egg or sperm, the embryo may carry chromosomal abnormalities which may cause a failed IVF cycle. IGENOMIX’s Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) with the added advantage of MitoScore enables pregnancy rate by 70-80% by a single embryo transfer. PGS uses the latest next generation sequencing (NGS) technology to screen the embryos for chromosomal abnormalities of all 24 chromosomes, hence increasing the chances of conception by 60% through IVF.
PGS is performed on a small embryo biopsy prior to transfer and identifies which embryos are chromosomally normal. Chromosomally normal embryos are most likely to develop to term and to be born as a healthy baby. PGS testing helps IVF physicians and patients decide which embryos to transfer.
PGS test reduces the miscarriage rate, increases the implantation rate and success rates of IVF to deliver a healthy baby. So, the couples undergoing stressful moments of failed IVF cycle should opt for PGS and realize their dream of becoming parents. Make sure the screening is conducted under experts of this field and IVF centers of high repute. So, now when you are opting for IVF cycle keep these in mind and start planning for the baby.